Ian Buscombe – Consultant
- Fellow Certified Practising Accountant (FCPA)
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Administrators
- Fellow of the Governance Institute of Australia
- Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA)
- Member of the Academic Advisory Board - University of the Sunshine Coast
- Board member CPA - Sunshine Coast Committee
- Commissioner for Declarations
Originally from Melbourne, Ian’s undergraduate studies were in Commerce and Law and post graduate studies in Corporate management. Prior to starting his career in public practice in 1988, Ian worked in commercial accounting, undertaking senior financial roles in both national and international companies in various industries. The pursuit of a lifestyle change and the process of raising a family met with a desire to commence his own practice. In 1988 he left Sydney and settled on the Sunshine Coast as a pioneer of the ‘sea change’ phenomenon.
Ian’s primary focus in the practice is in business advisory, budgeting, profitability analysis and asset protection, In addition to this core role, he is actively involved in property developments, advising in areas of compliance, corporate and trust structures. He has recently undertaken several assignments as an expert witness preparing business valuations to international accounting standards for several legal firms. This valuation expertise that Ian holds can assist you when buying or selling your business or for bank loan purposes.
In September 2018, Ian merged his practice, BDK Buscombe, with Focus Professional Group and now works as a Consultant for Focus Professional Group.